Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Memories!!!!

I must admit -- like most things - Halloween was much more fun as a small child and even when my kids were really really little --- my girls just kind of look silly dressed up these days which really stinks -- the boys are ok -- but this is one of those things that boys seem to be able to do longer than girls -- None the less --- Its losing its "fun" for me.  I do LOVE having the fall festival at the daycare --- I love watching the kids win prizes (no matter how good or bad they are) --- Now that is FUN!!!!!

I remember Halloween as a child -- we ALWAYS went to my grandparents in Monticello -- my grandfather -aka BoBo -- loved to sit on the tailgate of his little red Toyota and pass out candy to the kids -- LOVED IT!!!!  I remember him pretending not to know it was me and my brother at the door. We would get soooo tickled when we pulled our mask off and "surprised" him!  WOW -- FUN STUFF!!!! (tear)

Speaking of masks -- man they have come a long way from just the cheap old plastic ones with the string stapled to the side that if you weren't too careful would pop off before you even got to wear it!  Here are some I remember!!




I HAD THIS EXACT MASK!   OMG!!!!

MARK HAD THIS ONE!!!
MARK LOOOOOOOOOVED THE HULK!!!!!!!!!!


Wow this was a fun stroll down memory lane!

No comments:

Post a Comment