Thursday, October 28, 2010

EVER DOUBT YOUR FAITH OR BELIEFS????????

As I sat in church last night listening to Calvin talk about "different religious beliefs" I was strongly reminded of an event that happened not once but twice to me!  My Story:

When I was in High School I found myself feeling "far from God"!  Not for any apparent reason - just feeling distant.  I didn't drink, smoke, do drugs, I was always home on time -- basically I was a good girl -- so why in the world did I feel so distant?  Who knows?  But I did!  I even began to doubt if I was actually saved --- GOD shut me up quickly -- in a dream -- I know that sounds crazy -- but it is OH SOOOO TRUE!

Then while I was at Ole Miss, and minoring in Religion, I found myself doubting once again -- this time there was a legitimate reason!!!!  I was sitting in classes daily of "world religions" -- Taoism, Buddhism, Hindu, Zen -- honey you name it.  This is some wild and crazy stuff.  BUT--- how do I know I am right in my beliefs??  Should I believe as a SOUTHERN BAPTIST believes?  Will I truly go to Heaven believing in the way that I do?  WHO says I am right? But what about all these other beliefs? --- Man I was soooo confused to say the least!!!    You guessed it GOD shut me up quickly -- in a dream-- I know that sounds crazy -- but it is OH SOOOO TRUE!  The crazy thing this time --- it was the SAME EXACT dream I had had a few years back -- let me tell it to ya:
          There were tons of people in this big big building with big big stairs coming out the front door --- we were in there listening to someone speak -- when out of nowhere this beautiful wonderful sound came from outside --- it was trumpets --- when we walked out the front door the most amazing beautiful sight was there -- guys I promise you the sky was GOLD!!!!!  There were angels everywhere -- beautiful -- in white gowns just floating on clouds-- AMAZING --- trumpets blowing, angels flying "what in the world?" -- then the most amazing thing happened -- in my dream JESUS actually came down out of the sky-- he was standing on a cloud, dressed in a white robe, hands held out -- I remember all of us walking towards him as he held his hands out for us -- then we were all raised up with him!!!!

This is when I woke up BOTH times!  No I didn't see Heaven, but I truly believed and still believe that God was showing me to believe as my heart believes and I am HIS child and I would be ok.  I NEVER doubted my belief again!!  NEVER!  How could I? -- I asked God if I was right -- and he showed me -- BOTH times!!!

God is sooo amazing!  He loves us sooo much - unconditionally!  If you are a parent  - can you even try to remotely imagine the thought of "GIVING UP" your only son for the sake of someone else?  That is unfathomable to me -- BUT, God did!  Wow -- he must love us so much!  How amazing!

I am thankful I have taken time to remember this event in my life -- It is a great and wonderful feeling!

Love you all!!!
Christie

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! That really is an amazing story and such a validation of faith! Thank you for sharing Christie!

    ReplyDelete