Thursday, July 28, 2011

FEELING OLD

Well yesterday was one of those days --- you know one of those days that makes you laugh and makes you realize somethings that you don't think about too often.

Soo, as I was attending my first PTSO meeting as the President, I had done my job and called all of the ladies and let them know about the meeting.  Some of the ladies I already knew from previous years on the PTSO at numerous schools, some I did not know - or didn't think I knew.

One of the ladies who came to the meeting was late (due to work) and had already called to say that she would be late, soo when she walked in I looked at her, she looked at me and she said those famous words "do I know you from somewhere?"  I said "I'm not sure, you look familiar, but I am sure it is from the schools, I have kids in 3 different Pearl schools"  It was only a matter of minutes before I looked back at her and asked her "Did you have family who went to Terry High?"  YEP she had family alright SHE went to Terry --- OK this means I taught this "LADY" -- she said yea my maiden name was Latoya Wooten -- yep she was one of our cheerleaders too -- ugggghhhhh -- at least she didn't think I looked old enough to have taught her :)  (Scott got a big kick out of this BTW)

well it didn't stop there

as I was leaving the school it hit me that if Latoya and Ms Smith (the principal) grew up together and knew each other, then that means that I could have taught Ms Smith too ---- double uggggghhhhh  (Scott got an even bigger kick out of this one)

well it didn't stop there

after church last night, we went to Kobe's (the new Japanese restaurant in Pearl) and the guy waiting on us just kept looking at me and looking at me -- Scott noticed him looking at me and Scott says "Hey did you go to Terry High?"  YEP -- Yep I taught him too --- Scott had a field day with this one!!!!!  Ugggghhhhh

3 in one day -- Are you kidding me?

Isn't it funny how you really don't think about your true age and you never realize that you are considered old these days and that some of the people walking around are actually a lot younger than you and they are adults now.

This really don't bother bother me -- just bothers me and makes me realize that I am going to be 39 in Sept and not 29 :)  ahahahhaa ---

I just thank God that he has allowed me to touch so many lives in my 38+ years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment