Friday, August 5, 2011

Daycare

Well as many of you know I run a daycare and you also probably know that I LOVE my job!  It is truly the place I am supposed to be -- my home away from home!!

There are some tough days (with 150+ kids and 35ish staff),  what would you expect???  There are some decisions I make that are hard to make, but I try to do what I feel is best for the kids and staff that are in my care.  But for every hard or tough moment there are 1,000 GREAT moments ---- like---------------

** the time one little boy told one of my girls "your breath stinks you need a tic tac"
** or the time I was testing a graduating 4 yr old and if she didn't know the answer she would just tell me "My (insert anyone name she knew) knows that, but me don't"
** or when the little ones hide in the toy box and think we don't see them
** or when they throw their shoes in the garbage and laugh at us while we are looking for them
** or when I walk through the room and some of the kids tell me "Ms Christie I love your pretty dress"
** or when I walk through the room and some of the kids tell me "Ms Christie you look beautiful today"
** or when one of my staff members sits in my office and truly cannot use a phonebook (this younger generation has the internet so who needs a phonebook right?)
** or when my own kids tell me they had rather go to Sunshine on Saturday and play than anything else
** or when I have to fill-in in the kitchen and they tell me "Ms Christie you are the best cook in the world"
this list goes on and on and on and on

We have great great kids at Sunshine.  I have a great great staff too.  I love my girls (and one guy--Mr Tony - our new cook)!!!!! and I looooove the kids so much!

This week has been bitter sweet for me --- this is the week that some of our babies are moving on to school - some moved - some mommies are staying home etc.....  for as many old faces that are leaving -- there are just as many new faces moving in -- new kiddos to start making memories with.

For my little ones who left this week -- I hope EVERY one of them know how much MS Christie loves them!!  It makes me know that what I am doing is right - when mommies cry because its their time to leave Sunshine -- or when mommies drop a note by just to say thank you -- or even when they post on facebook

I have had many conversations with these mommies lately and I hope they know I love them too!!!!! (daddies too)

I will miss them all!!  I will be praying for them daily!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ms Christie

1 comment:

  1. Aw... sniff sniff. I bet you've been crying this week! Love you!

    ReplyDelete