Thursday, August 11, 2011

Life

You know -- when you are married, have children, have a job, etc........  life sometimes seems so boring.  Maybe not really boring, but routine.  I mean I literally do the same thing monday through friday and most saturdays and sundays are the same too.  You can almost pinpoint where I am and what I am doing at almost any moment in my life.  So routine.  But would I seriously want things any different?  Would I change anything - really?  I say I would, but if given the opportunity would I really change anything?

I would still get up by 6 am every day -- even if I am off I am usually awake by then
I would still brush my teeth first thing every morning
I would still take my bath at night - so as to not be too rushed in the mornings
I would still pick out the same kind of clothes
I would still wake the boys up first, girls second
I would still get a diet coke first thing every morning
I would still make it a point to kiss my husband every morning before he leaves, sometimes twice
I would still let my kids sit in the van with the heat/air on so they are comfortable waiting on the bus
I would still go to church - Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday nights
I would still call my momma everyday
I would still hate doing laundry
I would still have to have my house clean at all times or go crazy
I would still run the daycare because there is nothing else I had rather do or anywhere else Id rather work
I would still take on multiple tasks and complete each one of them no matter how tired I was
I would still cry at every sappy commercial
I would still cry when people told sad or happy stories
I would still make sure I am always smiling
I would still try to make people happy

this list is truly endless --- and oh so true --- as busy and crazy as my life gets -- I would not ever change anything about it.  I am who I am because God gave me life - because God knew who I would become and knew every tiny little detail of my life before I was even born.  How could I ask for that to change.

Believe it or not I would still go through my divorce -- it made me the person I am today.  It made me stronger, it made me wiser and it made me trust that God would take care of me even more.

God is so gracious to me (and you).  He has provided for me unconditionally even when I had put him on the back burner. 

I thank God for my life.  I thank God for my beautiful perfectly created children.  I thank God for my husband - my soul mate - my best friend.  I thank God for my precious amazing parents. I thank God for my brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, friends, and all other family. I thank God for giving me a loving heart, where I am capable of loving and caring for so many people.  I thank God for my health.  I thank God for my blue eyes.  I thank God for my brown hair.  I thank God for allowing me to work in my dream job with a great boss.  I thank God for my church and church family.  I thank God for sending his son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for me and for you.  I cannot hardly go a day without my kids, so can you imagine "allowing" them to die for someone else.  If that does not prove to us that God loves us soooo very much, what does?

Have you thanked God for the little things lately??  If not -- do so now -- he would love to hear from you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment